What to Know Before You Come to the Library:
- We appreciate your patience and support as we safely welcome you back to STPL. All Library patrons, over the age of 2, are required to wear a mask. Masks MUST be worn over the nose and mouth for the entire duration of your visit. Patrons who are not able to wear a mask, that completely covers the nose and mouth, will not be permitted to remain in the Library and will be offered alternative pickup and virtual services. Please note, if you have received a vaccine for COVID-19, you are still required to wear a mask at the Library.
- Patrons are encouraged to keep their time in the Library as limited as possible.
- Browsing is limited to 30 minutes per day.
- Computer use is limited to one 45-minute session per day. Computers are available on a first come, first served basis and you must bring your library card with you to log on.
- Pickup service will remain available until further notice. To schedule a time to pickup materials, call 412-429-5380 during library hours.
What to Expect When you Come to the Library:
- Masks are mandatory. Patrons and staff must social distance, by at least 6 feet, at all times.
- Computers are limited and spaced to adhere to social distancing protocols. Patrons should disinfect computer area before and after each use.
- Due to social distancing guidelines, library staff are not able to provide computer assistance. If you need to save your work, bring your own flash drive.
- No assistance can be given to copy, fax, or scan. Exact change is required; cash only. Pricing information can be found here: https://www.scottlibrary.org/fees-for-copying-and-printing/
- STPL has taken precautions with the physical space. To encourage brief visits and social distancing, we have moved or covered furniture. Please do not move any furniture in the Library. At the Circulation Desk, we have added a barrier to protect both you and library staff. Hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes will be available.
- No food or drink will be permitted in the Library.
- We are very appreciative of your patience and support. We hope this continues as we safely welcome you back into the Library.
Donations of used materials are NOT being accepted. STPL cannot accept donations of used books or other book sale items. The Library is in search of storage space. If you know of storage space that can be donated or deeply discounted, please contact the Library at 412-429-5380. The ideal space will be a minimum of 6′ x 10′. Thank you for your support and understanding.