What is Library Pickup Service?
Pickup Service allows library patrons to pick up materials that have been requested by using the online Catalog or by calling the Library. Our “Pickup Location” is a BLUE cart at the library-side entrance to the building (by the outside book drop).
Monday through Thursday 10am-8pm and Saturdays from 10am-2pm.
How do I request items?
- To place holds on items from STPL or other county libraries visit the Catalog and sign into your account at https://librarycatalog.einetwork.net/. You may also call STPL at 412-429-5380 and Library staff will help you to request up to 5 items. You must have your library card number. Please do not use voice mail or email to request items.
- When your items arrive at the Library, you will receive a notification (either by text, phone, or email – the method in which you have always been contacted).
- When you are ready to pickup these items, please call STPL at 412-429-5380. You must provide your library card number.
- Library staff will check out your items, put your items and receipt with due date in a bag, and write your last name on the bag.
- The bag will be placed on the BLUE cart near the outside book drop. Please park your car in the parking lot. Do not pull up along the curb by the book drop, this is a safety concern.
How do I return library materials?
You may return your Library materials using the outside book drop only. Please do not return items to the blue pickup cart.
I returned my library materials, why are they still showing on my account?
In order to safeguard the health of patrons and staff, STPL is quarantining all items for a minimum of 3 days after their return. All staff members are required to wear appropriate PPE and will practice social distancing during this service. Once you return items to the Library, it may take 7 or more days for your items to be checked in and removed from your account. You will not incur fines as items will be backdated to the day they were returned. Please have patience during this process.
Will I be fined if I am unable to return library materials?
Fines will be waived for period March 1, 2020 through June 30, 2020 only. Fines will begin accruing for late materials after July 1st.
Have a question about your library account, eLibrary resouces, a reference question, or need a library card?
Please call library staff at 412-429-5380 during the hours listed above.
Thank you for your support and patience.