Used Material Donations
We are not currently accepting donations of used materials.
We are grateful for donations of:
- Books that are in good condition (Fiction & Non Fiction – Hardback and Paperback)
- Children’s materials
- Games and Puzzles for all ages
- ACDs, CDs, DVDs, and records
We are unable to accept:
- Encyclopedias, dictionaries, Reader’s Digest condensed books, textbooks, technology materials (older than 2 years), VHS tapes, cassette tapes and self recorded videos are not accepted.
- Materials that are in poor condition (torn, moldy, yellowed, etc.) are also not accepted.
- Because of limited space, money and resources, the library staff does reserve the right to discard donated materials at their discretion.
The majority of donated items are placed in the Friends of the Library Book Sale that takes place every year in the fall. Scott Township Public Library will provide a donation receipt, for tax purposes, upon request.
Yearly, Scott Township has challenges the library to raise up to $6,500 in unrestricted funds. The Township will then match this dollar-for-dollar up to $6,500.
These donations can be made in a variety of ways:
- Make an online donation
- Write a check and note in the Memo Line: Unrestricted.
- Put some money in donation jar on the Circulation Desk.
- Buy a monthly raffle ticket. A different raffle is held every month.
- Participate in other monthly fundraising events- See our event calendar for more information
You can commemorate birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, graduations, retirement, holidays, and other special events, or provide a memorial for a loved one. If this is of interest to you click here for a form to fill out and return to the library. Mail to Scott Township Public Library, 301 Lindsay Rd., Scott Township, PA 15106) or drop it off at the library. The form tells us who the gift is for, why the gift is being made, if there are any special instructions regarding the use of the gift, and who additional acknowledgements should be sent to.
Adopt a book series, magazine, newspaper, author, television series…
- Provide an on-going subscription to a magazine or newspaper
- Provide on-going funds to purchase books by particular authors or in specific genres or subjects for adults or children (e.g., James Patterson, JD Robb, or mysteries, reference, literary fiction, science, cookbooks, history).
- Provide on-going funds for audio or movie formats.
Donate to The Pittsburgh Foundation – Scott Township Public Library’s Fund
Gifts to our endowment help the library prepare for the future:
- Finance special library improvement projects;
- Donate a lasting gift of any size;
- Avoid capital gains tax on gifts of appreciated property such as stocks, bonds, & real estate;
- Provide lifetime income to the library and reduce your estate taxes; Make a tax deductible gift that will help the library for years to come.
- To make a donation to our fund click here or make your check payable to: Scott Township Public Library Fund And mail the check to:
The Pittsburgh Foundation
Attn: Scott Township Public Library Fund
Five PPG Place, Suite 250
Pittsburgh, PA 15222-5414
Other Contribution Ideas
- Write a letter to your elected officials.
- Host a program on a topic of your choice.
- Donate a gift card to help pay for program supplies. Gift Cards from the following vendors are most helpful: Dollar Tree, JOANN, Michaels, Amazon, or Giant Eagle.