Library pickup service is available and the outside book drop is open for your returns. All fines incurred March 1, 2020 through June 30, 2020 will be waived. Scott Township Public Library remains closed until further notice. All programs and events are cancelled. The decision to remain closed is for the safety of the Library staff and community public health; the decision will be assessed on a monthly basis and is based on guidance from the CDC, the PA Department of Health, the Office of Commonwealth Libraries, and the Allegheny County Library Association. We apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to seeing you in the future. Keep healthy and safe.
Scott Township Public Library (STPL) Pickup Service FAQs
What is Library Pickup Service?
Library Pickup Service allows library patrons to pick up library materials that have been requested by calling the Library. STPL has a designated Library Pickup Location on a BLUE cart at the library-side entrance to the building (by the outside book drop).
When can I pick up items using the Library Pickup Service?
Library Pickup Service and library assistance is available–
Monday through Thursday 11am-7pm and Saturdays from 11am-1pm.
How do I use the Library Pickup Service?
- Call STPL at 412-429-5380 during the hours listed above. You must have your library card number.
- You will work with library staff to request up to 5 items. You may only request items available at STPL. You must speak with library staff; you may NOT leave a voice mail or an email message. You can view available items here: https://catalog.einetwork.net/search or https://librarycatalog.einetwork.net/ All requests for physical items must be made over the phone, as the ability to request physical items, via the online catalog, has been temporarily disabled.
- Library staff will prepare your items for pickup within 24 hours. Library staff will check out your items, put your items in a bag and write your last name on the bag.
- After a 24 hour period, you can call the Library and arrange a time to pick up your items.
- The bag will be placed on the BLUE cart by the outside book drop. Please PARK your car in the parking lot. Do NOT pull up along the curb by the drop box as this is a safety concern.
- A receipt with your due dates will also be in the bag.
- Please note: We cannot add hold requests to a wait list for popular items at this time. Only items that are currently available at STPL may be requested.
How many items can I request using the Library Pickup Service?
You may request up to 5 items for the Library Pickup Service.
How do I return library materials?
You may return your Library materials using the outside book drop at the Library only. Please do not return items to the blue pickup cart.
Will I be fined if I am unable to return library materials?
Fines will be waived for period March 1, 2020 through June 30, 2020 only. Fines will begin accruing for late materials after July 1st. The outside book drop is open for your returns.
What safeguards are in place with regards to books being reissued?
In order to safeguard the health of patrons and staff, STPL is quarantining all items for a minimum of 3 days after their return. All staff members are required to wear appropriate PPE and will practice social distancing during this service.
I have a question about my library account or I need a library card. Is there anyone that can help me?
Yes. If you have any questions about your library account or need a library card, please call library staff at 412-429-5380 during the hours listed above.
I have a reference question. Is there anyone who can help?
Yes. If you have a reference question or need help accessing the materials on eLibrary, please call library staff at 412-429-5380 during the hours listed above.
Please take a few minutes to complete this survey. Your input will help STPL design virtual programming to best serve the community.
Access to Ancestry.com is now available for library cardholders working remotely. This remote access will be available through June 30th.
You will need your library card number and PIN to access this resource. If you do not have a PIN or forgot your PIN, you can go to the online catalog to request a new PIN. Select “Log in or Register” in the upper right hand corner, then select “I forgot or want to change my pin.”
With public libraries (and schools) closed to the public, please remember the POWER Library is open 24 hours a day! The POWER Library includes over 20 online databases plus over 16,000 e-books you can read online and/or download. If you do not have a public library card yet, please sign up for an eCard to access the POWER Library. An eCard will provide you with immediate access to the e-resource provided in POWER Library.
To get your eCard please register here:
In addition, the ability to Chat with a Librarian 24/7 remains available! Ask your questions here:
Voting by mail is now an option in PA.