Board of Directors
- Laurie Brant
- Louis Calgaro
- Kathy Calla
- Kim Griffith
- Mark Moore
- Kathy Sites
- Andrea Wachter
Authority for The Library Board of Directors
If you need to reach a board member leave a message with the library staff. 412.429.5380
The Board of Directors By-Laws – Amended 2015
The Scott Township Public Library Board is composed of 7 appointed members. The Trustees are appointed by the Commissioners.
Meetings are open to the public.
Where: The Small Meeting Room in the Municipal Building.
When: 6:30 PM – 2nd Monday of the month
Interested in becoming a Board Member?
- You could be our new board member!
- Are you interested in the library and its future?
- You must be a resident of Scott Township or live in an adjacent community which does not have a library.
- Time Frame:
- The term is for three (3) years.
- The meetings are usually the 2nd Monday of each month at the Township’s Municipal Building.
- Your application should include a cover letter & resume stating your:
- Interest in the position,
- Background, and
- Qualifications to serve.
- The review process:
- Submit application to the Library Board. (Send your information to the Director who will give it to the board.)
- Applications will be reviewed by the Nominating & Board Development Committee.
- Recommendations are made to the Scott Township Board of Commissioners.
- The Commissioners approve the nomination and then you are on the board!
- If you are interested in serving please send a letter of application to: Scott Township Public Library c/o The Library Director 301 Lindsay Road Scott Township, PA 15106
What does the Board do?
From the PA State website: Trustee Toolkit: A Training Resource Kit for Pennsylvania Public Library Trustees is an excellent resource to begin with. This PA Dept. of Education website contains valuable information for any person interested in Library Boards.
Other useful .pdf documents include:
–> The “PA Trustee Toolkit”,
–> “The Pennsylvania Handbook for Public Library Trustees” which has been a long standing resource for members of the Library Board of Directors or Trustees and
–> “Getting on Board! Tools for Board Development and Assessment”.
- The Board has the final say in the financial matters of the library.
- The Library Board is responsible for setting the mission, vision, and strategic plan for the library. They are interested in the future direction of the library.
- The Library Board plays a key role in advocating & fundraising for the library.
- Trustees help hone the policies of the library. Policy topics cover a wide range of topics.
Make a difference—become involved! Join the Scott Township Public Library Board of Directors.
Township of Scott: Ordinance No. 1514-02