We are grateful for donations of:
- Books that are in good condition (Fiction & Non Fiction – Hardback and Paperback)
- Children’s materials
- Games and Puzzles for all ages
- ACDs, CDs, DVDs, and records
We are unable to accept:
- Encyclopedias, dictionaries, Reader’s Digest condensed books, textbooks, technology materials (older than 2 years), VHS tapes, cassette tapes and self recorded videos are not accepted.
- Materials that are in poor condition (torn, moldy, yellowed, etc.) are also not accepted.
- Because of limited space, money and resources, the library staff does reserve the right to discard donated materials at their discretion.
The majority of donated items are placed in the Friends of the Library Book Sale that takes place every year in the fall. STPL will provide a donation receipt, for tax purposes, upon request. For any questions, contact a library staff member at 412.429.5380.
For the past several years, Scott Township has challenged the library to raise up to $5,000 in unrestricted funds. They will match dollar-for-dollar up to $5,000.
These donations can be made in a variety of ways:
- Write a check and note in the Memo Line: Unrestricted.
- Put some money in the “Flag Box” (AKA “Piggie Bank”) on the Circ Desk.
- Buy a raffle ticket. A different raffle is held every month.
- Buy a book from the “Book Sale” shelf.
- Participate in other fundraising events–Comedy Night, Triva Night, Craft Fair.
- Donate by clicking the blue DONATE button on the right side of the webpage.
You can commemorate birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, graduations, retirement, holidays, and other special events, or provide a memorial for a loved one. If this is of interest to you click here for a form to fill out and return to the library. Mail (Scott Township Public Library, 301 Lindsay Rd., Scott Township, PA 15106), fax (412.429.5280) drop it off at the library. The form tells us who the gift is for, why the gift is being made, if there are any special instructions regarding the use of the gift, and who additional acknowledgements should be sent to. This is a 2-sided form and has 2 forms on the top and bottom of the pages.
Adopt a book series, magazine, newspaper, author, television series…
- Provide an on-going subscription to a magazine or newspaper
- Provide on-going funds to purchase books by particular authors or in specific genres or subjects for adults or children (e.g., James Patterson, JD Robb, or mysteries, reference, literary fiction, science, cookbooks, history).
- Provide on-going funds for audio or movie formats.
Donate to The Pittsburgh Foundation – Scott Township Public Library’s Fund
Gifts to our endowment help the library prepare for the future:
- Finance special library improvement projects;
- Donate a lasting gift of any size;
- Avoid capital gains tax on gifts of appreciated property such as stocks, bonds, & real estate;
- Provide lifetime income to the library and reduce your estate taxes; Make a tax deductible gift that will help the library for years to come.
- To make a donation to our fund click here or make your check payable to: Scott Township Public Library Fund And mail the check to:
The Pittsburgh Foundation
Attn: Scott Township Public Library Fund
Five PPG Place, Suite 250
Pittsburgh, PA 15222-5414
Other Gift Suggestions
- Volunteer at your library.
- Advocate for your library.
- Write a letter to your elected officials.
- Host a program on a topic of your choice.
- Donate a Gift Card. Gift cards are very useful and helpful. Often we don’t know exactly what we’ll need until we design a new program. They also helps us reduce items to storage. Gift Cards from the following vendors are most helpful: Dollar Tree, Jo-Ann’s, Michaels, Big Lots, or Giant Eagle.
Have something else in mind? Come talk to us. Together we may come up with something special.